Laser skin resurfacing, also known as a laser peel laser vaporization and lasabrasion, can reduce facial wrinkles, scars and blemishes. Newer laser technologies give your plastic surgeon a new level of control in laser surfacing, permitting extreme precision, especially in delicate areas.
Laser skin resurfacing is a proven way to help reduce wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, and other blemishes as well as tighten skin and balance tone. But precisely because lasers can do so much, and vary widely in how they act on your skin, it is hard to know where to start when researching treatment even the most perfunctory search reveals a slew of competing devices and methods.
What laser skin resurfacing can improve
- Fine lines or wrinkles around or under your eyes, forehead or mouth
- Scars from acne or chickenpox
- Non-responsive skin after a facelift
- Aged or sun-damaged skin
- Liver spots
- Improve your complexion if you have yellowish or grayish skin tones
- Birthmarks such as linear epidermal nevi
- Enlarged oil glands on the nose
Laser skin resurfacing removes the damaged or unevenly pigmented outer layers of the skin. The facial rejuvenation technique procedure activates the production of collagen and new skin cells, thereby achieving a fresher, smoother, and more evenly colored complexion.